But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Monday, May 19

Reepicheep Rocks!

So I saw Prince Caspian yesterday. It was pretty cool. Book lovers beware, however, as it's different than C.S. Lewis' work. The best advice I was given before watching the movie was not to read the book again - and so I'm passing it on. 

Now don't get me wrong, they basically stick to the story. I mean, they did a much better job than, say, Eragon. (yeck) I'm just warning you that some things are a little more fleshed out, some things are left out, and some things are completely new. But it's still a really good movie. I'll gladly watch it again! 

What kinda freaked me out was the violence - or lack thereof. I mean, it's a war movie. It has battles. People get killed left and right - but somehow most of it you don't see. For example, a man is beheaded right on screen, but you don't see the decapitation. I still haven't figured that one out. 

So all in all I liked it. I don't think I'll add it to my top 5 movies, but it was fun, had some good take-away moments, and had the most adorable mouse ever. 
Oh yeah - and on a final note: The Telemarines are Spaniards. It's blatantly obvious, so don't think they're supposed to be from the desert or something. They're not. Read Don Quixote. 

For Narnia!
Sarah

No comments: