But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Wednesday, August 20

Bak 2 Skool!


I'm very happy right now, the slightest bit nervous, but still very happy. Why? Get ready for it...

I start my college studies in September! Isn't it wonderful?! Sure, I'm no huge fan of hard work, and sure I was enjoying the respite, but it feels like such a waste of time not to be learning something new while everyone around me is - including my dad! 

So, not to be outdone by my father and friends, I'm going to shoot for the almost ultimate goal: my bachelor's degree in English.

Why English? Because I love the language. Why a BA? Because my associate's wouldn't really be very helpful, I mean, maybe slightly, but I can't learn much more about English if I'm only doing advanced High School stuff. Yeah, I looked it up - it's incredibly boring. Gotta balance it out with more words!

So not only am I going to get my bachelor's degree, I also intend to graduate with everyone else that started school this year. So that means that when Dad and Nextdoorneighbor and Kim and anyone-else-that-I'm-forgetting-at-the-moment graduates, I'll graduate. Two years? Indeed. 

It's called CollegePlus!, and so far it sounds awesome. I guess only time will tell, but the benefits are terrific. First of all, it costs much less than your typical college, and I have a personal coach who's going to guide me through everything. I'm going to learn all sort of neat-o stuff like speed reading and memory, which will make my studies much more productive, and through the process called Credit by Exam, I can test out of many classes by proving I know what the class teaches, thus saving a lot of time.

I'm very excited, as I'm sure you can tell. Sure, it'll be tough, but I love to do things just because they're extra-ordinary. Actually, two years sounds like a very long time, but I think it's the best I can do. Celebrate with me: Huzzah! 

No comments: