So apparently cool bloggers give out awards to other bloggers, and I know a cool blogger!
This particular Cool Blogger (one Ellie Jackson by name) has awarded me before, so I guess she must like me. I hear that "Liebster" means "Dearest", which makes sense, based on what little I know of German. You probably don't WANT to know these random things about me, but it sounded like fun, and the name of this blog is Droll Digression (humorously getting off-topic), after all. So here we go!
I. Post 11 Facts About Yourself
Okay... here we go...
1. I've recently discovered that sometimes Fairy Tale Dreams DO come true. <3
2. When I was young I learned that God is perfect and powerful and good, like nothing in this universe, and that He created everything, even me!
3. I learned that He made the world perfect and good.
4. But then I learned that His most special creation (people) decided to destroy the perfect and good way, because they thought they knew what was better for them.
5. I learned that from that moment Death and badness spread into the world and infected every atom of the beautiful, good universe He had created.
6. Then I learned that God cannot even look at the Death and badness that goes against His perfect way, and He hates it and all those who make it grow (wouldn't you?).
7. THEN I learned that He still loves his most special creation, and had a plan to save them from Death!
8. I learned that He sent His most precious, perfect, loved Son (who was Himself) to live in the World Made Ugly and take all of the blame of His people who worked against His perfect way.
9. I learned that when He took the blame in Himself, God killed it forever by killing His Most-Loved Son.
10. And then I learned that God is so much greater than the badness His people had made that Death could not keep Him dead, and He came back to life!
11. Best of all, I learned that some of the blame that He took on Himself and destroyed was mine! I learned that He loves me! I asked Him to fill my life, and He has been my good King ever since. :)
II. Answer 11 Questions from your Nominator
1. Why did you start your blog?
Hmm... that's a good question! I think I thought I had something to say. I wanted to be a writer, and I figured a blog was a free publisher.
2. Why did you name it what it is?
I always liked alliteration a lot, and like a lovely artist, aspired to an amazing... title for my blog.
Actually, I had just learned the word droll, digression was one of my favorite words, I didn't want to give the impression that there would be anything serious here, and I really do enjoy alliteration very much. :)
3. Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
Life, I guess. I don't usually find inspiration, inspiration finds me. :)
4. Is your blog for you, or for your readers?
It used to be for me, but now I try to make it something that my readers will be benefited by.
5. What was your favorite birthday gift?
Wow... um... that's tough! I think maybe my Book of Wisdom. :)
6. What song always makes you cry?
I don't think a song exists that always makes me cry. There have been many songs throughout my life that had that affect at different times. I remember Gollum's Song making me pretty depressed for a while.
7. What movie puts you to sleep?
King Lear. It's just so miserably long and slow! (Some Shakespeare lover, huh?)
8. What is something you've wanted to show someone but didn't dare?
My bedroom. But that someone actually liked it, which I still can't believe and get a little dizzy over sometimes.
9. Which personality type do you find more approachable, quiet or talkative?
Definitely talkative. I'm a pretty good listener, but I am terrible at starting and maintaining conversation, especially if I don't know the person. I'm trying to get better, but it's been a long, hard road, and I've only just begun.
10. May it Be or Into the West?
Into the West! May it Be is nice, but Into the West is one of my favorite songs. It makes me pretty excited about Heaven. :)
11. Which smiley do you use most? (^_^)
III. Nominate 11 Other Bloggers