But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Thursday, May 18

My Dad Doesn't Like Chunks of Tomatoes In His Chili

Okay, I've been reading in the comic strip "Zits" (this is old, just to warn you) that Jeremy blogs the conversations that take place at his dinner table. Since I really have no idea what a blog should be, Mom suggested that I blog the conversation at our dinner table (as a joke) and since I have nothing to report right now, I guess I will.

So, Dinner today was chili and peanut butter sandwiches. So we prayed, Dad looked through the mail, we talked about how we received some mail that was directed to someone that lives on a near-by road, Dad talked about how, since he received two CycleNews' in one day, on one it says something like: "Who will win the championship?" and he said something that referred to the fact that he can lift the magazine and there's the answer. Um...then at some point Dad said something about chunks of tomato in the chili, and Mom said that that's how you're supposed to make it, and that it makes the meal more interesting to eat (frankly, I'm on Dad's side). Dad said okay (Mom was having a stressful morning). And I think maybe before that Dad noticed that a motorcycle dealership was hiring - a janitor. So that brought up the subject of Dad's work, and how his boss said something about his not having the choice on whether to take off Saturday. But Dad can use a sick day, so really, he does have a choice. And he was talking about how he could change jobs, but we might "starve", and Mom said that would be okay (we wouldn't really starve, people, it's a common expression in my house).

Please forgive the choppy/vagueness of this post. I wasn't taking notes or anything, since I had no idea that I was going to blog this.

Oh yeah, the Da Vinci Code is getting poor reviews!!! YAY!!! I am so sick of that heretical junk being talked about non-stop!

No comments: