But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Tuesday, March 6

Hallelu-Hallelu-Hallelu-Hallelujah, Praise Ye the Lord!

God is amazing!

I don't know about you, but sometimes I realize that fact more than others, and it floors me.

I mean, God's self-sufficiency, omniscience, faithfulness, justice, love, and all of His other attributes should have us on our faces in worship constantly, but He gives us even more reasons to praise Him and ways to know Him better!

Today, for example.
I woke up (woo-hoo!) on time, got dressed in clean, nice clothes, was blessed with an AMAZING cup of Italian Roast coffee via French Press (seriously, God's common grace bestowed through Starbucks sometimes chokes me up; not only did He give us taste buds, but He gave us delicious coffee for them! How incredibly generous is that???). Then I actually had enough time to eat and get all of my Bible reading read before I went out to a reliable, gas-filled car and a pleasant and uneventful drive to work (accompanied by Andrew Peterson and Shai Linne via my phone and a radio adapter). When I got to work, He gave me strength and joy to do it well. My finger that I lacerated on Thursday was finally healed enough today that I was able to wash dishes (which I have to do a lot of). I found out that I'm leaving on a perfect week - I'm easily replaced because someone else is on Spring Break next week! The weather was gorgeous, customers were happy, I didn't do anything stupid, and I discovered that we sell the best cottage cheese I've ever tasted. I got my paycheck, AND it was a really good tip day, which means I'll get to enjoy Thai food with my sister tomorrow! After work, I had a safe and pleasant drive home, and my brother is here, so I'm not all alone.

Add to all of that the prayers that God has been answering regarding the trip (that begins in two days!!!). For one, He's provided us with a much larger team. For another, we were given some of the scholarship we applied for! Which leads me to the third answered prayer: at least as far as I'm concerned, God has abundantly provided all that I needed to be able to go on this trip! Through the generosity of His people, my grandma, the scholarship, and tips, every penny of what I needed has been supplied. Besides being fantastic, this also means that the money I was going to have to spend on it all can now replenish what I spent on my passport, and pay my bills (which is kinda important) without dipping into my savings. Is that amazing or what???

I'm so thankful for this time that He's given me where I can more clearly see what a faithful Provider I serve. I have a feeling I'm going to need to remember this next week.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I'm so psyched to see what God's going to do! But now I guess I should go finish packing...

Love and Peace,
Sarita

P.S. Please forgive me for the way this post sort of trips over itself in happy chaos. It accurately conveys my thought process, but I realize that it is also very difficult to read.

No comments: