But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Thursday, March 8

Ready to Go! Like, Now!

Today is the day! I'm so excited! I have a feeling this is going to feel like the longest work day I've ever had.

First, a digression from the main point of this post:

Last night I went to the theater to see The Lorax with my sister, and there were several parts that have stuck in my mind. Personally, I loved the movie, but then I really love environmentalist propaganda (no really, I do). I thought The Lorax did a very good job of trying not to be pure big business-hating, earth-worshiping, brain-washing stuff. There were very good lessons to be learned, such as the wisdom of elders, the danger of not thinking a plan through, and the wisdom of conservation vs. annihilation. More importantly, I also took several spiritual lessons out of it. Unfortunately, I'm having a very hard time describing them without giving away the entire plot. If you go to watch the film (or wait for it to come out on DVD), try to think of Thneedville as the city of Destruction, and the truffula seed as the Gospel, and you'll get what I'm saying. Oh! And think of the young Once-ler as unregenerate man. Maybe it's a little Armenian, but it's still good stuff. ;)

But I didn't get on here to tell you about a cute Dr. Seuss movie! I came to ask once again for your prayers. Specifically, I would love it if you'd pray that I would gain much clarity and wisdom about the language school while I'm away. I'd really love to come back knowing for certain if I'm going or not. I realize that very, very often in my life God chooses to increase my faith by not allowing me to plan things so far in advance, but whether He makes it clear on this trip or no, at least pray that I would have much peace about it.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support!
Egads, I'm so excited!!!

Love and Peace,
Sarah

1 comment:

Ellie said...

I'll pray for y'all! Have a great time handling the flying chanclas. haha.