But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Thursday, January 19

Now far away the road has gone... and I must follow... if I can...

Well, what to say? This is my second full day at home, and I thought I should give some sort of final update. I miss the Valley and the whole trip so very much. But I'm also very thankful to be seeing my family again. I wish I could just take them all back down with me.

So here I am at another opportunity to trust God. I have a lot of questions for the future right now. Should I go to language school? Should I get a job? If so, where? Should I go on an entirely different sort of mission trip? When can I go back to Mission?  With my future so volatile, how much can I commit to?

I'm eager for answers and action, but I know that everything will come together in God's perfect time. I just have to trust that yes, He will continue to provide all I need, and He will show me which way I should go. There are ways that I very much hope He will lead, but everything is in His hands, and I can rest in the trust that He will take care of everything perfectly.

On the way home, Billy shared a verse with us that has given me a lot of comfort as I consider these questions, and I'd like to end with it. I'm also tempted to steal one of his amazing pictures, but since he's not here to give me permission, I guess you'll just have to hunt one down yourself.

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
   which shines brighter and brighter until full day.
Proverbs 4:18


Peace,
Sarah

No comments: