But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Friday, March 21

Good Friday, Sad Blog


I don't have much time - but I think I probably owe it to you readers to explain why my blog went from happy green to sad black. That would be because it's Good Friday. 

At our house we go into 'mourning' during the time between Good Friday and Easter. We decorate the house in black (including black balloons filled with confetti - I'll get to that later) and blow out all of our Easter advent candles to give us a sense of the darkness of the world without Christ.

I usually take this a little more extreme than the rest of my family - I take the whole dressing in black thing more seriously and try to go through life in a little more sad way. That's kinda tricky this year because I'm so excited about what the Lord has done for me that it's hard to be sad. It is, however, easy to get teary-eyed when I think of how little I deserve what He has done for a worm like me.

Anyway, I decided that this year I would spread it to my blog. When you visit, think of what Christ suffered for you - not just death, but separation from His Father. 


No comments: