But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Tuesday, March 11

SMASH!

   
     Well I suppose I owe it to all of my adoring readers to tell them of my recent droll digression. And even if you, as an adoring reader, do not want to read about it - too bad. 

I'm sure that everyone remembers my post about my new game being in the mail, right? That game (as I did not seem to specify very well) was Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I pre-ordered it way back in October because I thought that you wouldn't be able to get your hands on one when they finally came out.

Wrong.

No sooner does it come out than I go to Wal-Mart and see so many that they won't fit in the slot! Grrr. It's sitting there in piles and mine is in Kansas City!

Then I got an Idea, an awful Idea. Yes, I got a wonderful, awful Idea. (paraphrased from How the Grinch Stole Christmas) 

It suddenly occurred to me that it would be simple to buy the game now. Who knows when something will show up in the mail, right? But what about the one that's in Kansas City? I mean I already paid shipping for the thing.

Then I had a vision of armies of ungrateful people lined up in front of a certain desk the day after Christmas. Of course! I could return it!

This revelation was followed by extensive research into the possibility of returning something purchased online and whether this was an incredibly stupid waste of time or just fun.

I opted for the fun.

So I played Smash Bros. for the first time last night. It was a lot of fun, but a little tricky to get used to. The controls on the wii remote are a little hard to get used to, so I guess I don't have to worry about people wanting to play every time they come over! (I've been considering getting some more gamecube controllers or classic controllers)

So there you have it! The update on my situation. I hope you enjoyed it, and that you have a wonderful day today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I waited outside the store from 8:30pm-12:01am in freezing weather for mine o well :)
The Sick people next door may buy your extra copy also when buying a gamecube controller go wireless I have not tried the classic controller yet