But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Tuesday, March 3

One Week Into It....

I've officially been off of Facebook for a week tonight. It hasn't been a complete week since Ash Wednesday yet, but I turned my social life off the night of Mardi Gras, and I haven't opened it since. Well, sort of. I did have to look at a message today, but that lasted at most two minutes. They were the worst two minutes of my life, but I survived. And before you start thinking that that's against the rules or something, you should read my note explaining how to get a hold of me during Lent. In it, I said that I would read messages. Anyway, yeah...

This is going to be a very, very long time to wait. It's kinda funny. This has been the week of Sarah thinking she's something special and then getting shot down. I should rephrase that. This has been a week of Sarah thinking that she's something special APART FROM CHRIST and then getting shot down. I've pretty much proved to myself that without God I'm nothing but dust. With Him, though... that is an entirely different story! His faithfulness is amazing!

It's made me very sad to see how addicted I was/am to Facebook. I had to take the link off of my browser because it was too hard to see it every day and not be able to click on it. Is that pathetic or what? Granted, most of my interaction with others happened through Facebook. I went from knowing exactly what was going on to knowing NOTHING! What are they doing? Where are they going? How are they feeling? What are they listening to? Watching? I have no idea, and I will not know for 39 more days. I find it incredibly unfair that when they say "40 days" they mean "40 days not including Sundays."

The fact that I can't tell the world every trivial detail about my life has made me extremely long-winded online, as I'm sure you can tell by this post. I've pretty much spent the last week studying my head off, praying, trying not to think of Facebook, playing Clue (R) with my family, and playing Um Jammer Lammy (an incredibly random video game). Oh yes, and I've also written the script for a movie I plan to make very, very soon.

Status Update! Sarah is going to find another board game to play with her family! ;)

TTFN!

No comments: