But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Saturday, November 17

I look poofy.

Well, Last night I stayed up till 2 something in the morning - mostly because I was very hungry and eat very slowly now - and slept in my bed instead of Dad's recliner. 

Last night was a lot of fun. Our down-the-road neighbors/church family had a huge bonfire and a bunch of people from church came down. I had a blast. Because everyone lives so far away we don't usually get to get together with them, so it was a treat. I was having so much fun that my mouth didn't hurt at all for a very long time. We had a "hayride" in the back of our pickup truck. Dad drove and Mom was co-pilot. I rode in the back for the last one and had a great time. Looking back, maybe I shouldn't have sung so much, but oh well. I was also very happy because I got to nibble on hotdogs! Real Food!!! 

On that subject, this whole nibbling thing is a great diet plan. By the time you've swallowed the food you've been masticating you've burned up more calories than you've consumed. Of course, this does nothing for you if you're hungry. As I said: great diet plan.

So this morning (well, okay, afternoon) I woke up swollen and dry (I think I slept with my mouth open) and sore. I look poofy. : ( The Oral Surgeon said that this will probably be the worst day. I'm going to Next-door-neighbor's tea party. I've only gotten to go to one, but it was a lot of fun. I still have an hour, so I hope I feel a little bit better.

I really really really really really want a challupa (or however you spell it) from Taco Bell, cheap chicken strips dipped in ranch dressing, a sandwich on toasted bread with lettuce, or anything else substantial and crunchy. I mean, I love cream of wheat, don't get me wrong, but I want some real food so bad! I think Mom said that she would get me some spaghetti-o's today. That would be pure bliss.

Anyway, I hope everyone isn't bored to tears by this wisdom-tooth journey. And I also hope that you get the picture that I am doing really great. Now that I've taken my pain medication I'm doing great.

Have an awesome day full of the Lord, everyone!


No comments: