But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility... Eph. 2:13-14

Friday, November 9

Yet another "What Shall I Write?!?!" Post

Well, it's time for another Christian Writer's Guild assignment that I'm stuck on. I figure if I just keep writing, maybe put together a couple of spoofs, I'll get my inspiration. It won't be anything great or anything like that, just to warn you.

So the first assignment I'm stuck on (besides haveing to write out asisngment over and over and spelling it rong everee tiem) is...

"In a paragraph, describe an unusual personal experience related to a seasonal or historical event - one that could spark ideas for an article."

Unusual personal experience...related to a seasonal...event...hmm...
Well, Last year we spent Christmas Eve night at my grandma's house. I didn't realize at the time that caffeine affected me so much, so I ate Chocolate-covered espresso beans like they were chips. I couldn't sleep at all that night. It was TERRIBLE. But staying at grandma's house was a lot of fun.

Oh yeah, before I go any further, I should probably list the next assignments I'm stuck on:
"Write out the lead paragraph and another one establishing the significance of the experience at the heart of the article."
"Next write out the key anecdote you would include, tying it to the lead."
"Now develop the full article, including a powerful conclusion, in no more than 1,000 words."

I really hope I don't get in trouble for posting all of these questions and stuff. Oh well. They won't find out, and if they do, I'll apologize. I never saw anything that said that you couldn't blog about your lessons.

So let's try out this idea, shall we?

In the Christmas of 2006, my family and I spent Christmas Eve night at my grandmother's house. During the first part of the evening all of my mother's siblings got together and exchanged gifts, ate good food and celebrated Christmas. Some of us played a hilarious game called Faces, and I was gulping down chocolate-covered espresso beans as fast as I could, sealing my doom. That night I tossed and turned, trying to find rest. When morning came and my alarm went off to wake up my siblings and check out the stockings, I was so tired I could hardly see. While I waited for Mom and Dad to wake up I took a Christmas Morning nap.

Nah. Too lame. And I can't think up a decent ending. My paragraph is morphing into an article.

Well, anyway, this isn't working, so I guess I'll sign off for now.

Adios, Amigos!

No comments: